- AtticGreek.org: A website dedicated to Mastronarde’s textbook with supplemental exercises, charts, and other resources.
- Logeion: Lexidium: An online version of the Liddell-Scott-Jones (LSJ) Greek to English Dictionary.
- Furman: L&S: Furman University’s version of the LSJ.
- GroupMe: A GroupMe group to chat with one another and with me, ask quick questions, and share course-related thoughts, comments, and memes. Especially memes.
- Conditional Clauses chart: A chart that describes the components of different types of conditionals. Credit to Prof. Stephen Esposito of Boston University.
- Dependent Clauses chart: A chart that describes the components of different types of dependent clauses. Credit to Prof. Stephen Esposito of Boston University.
- Mastronarde, Donald J. 2013. Introduction to Attic Greek, Second Edition. Berkeley: University of California Press. ISBN 978-0-520-27571-3.
- Bagg, Robert, and James Scully, trans. 2011. The Complete Plays of Sophocles: A New Translation. New York: Harper Perennial. ISBN 978-0-06-202034-5.
- various commentaries and handouts via PDF
The cost of books should never be a deterrent to participation in a class that you want to take. If you have trouble affording our course books, please let me know, and I will work to get you affordable copies through the resources of the College.
Student Support Resources